Peak growth season: Spring / Autumn
Propagation: Take cuttings during growth season, Spring is ideal.
Sun: Some morning sun okay, lots of unfiltered light.
Water: Water when soil is drying out. Do not let soil get soggy, but Hoya, especially Hoya Bella, like to stay on the damp side vs. the dry side.
Will require more water in the Summer.
Your succulent will be wrapped with care and shipped with extra padding in the box. Plants can take 1-5 days to prep for shipping and weather can impact the prep time. We ship as quickly as is safe for your plant.
These are general tips, you do need to get to know your plants and acclimate them to your own environment.
• Wrinkled and/or deflated leaves = plant needs water
• Mushy, yellowing or black leaves = plant needs less water (if leaves are really mushy, remove from pot and place in good ventilation to expedite drying out)
• Little fuzzy web-like white balls = mealy bugs
• Little round flat scab-like brown patches that wipe off easily = scale bugs
**If you see bugs you can start to control them by spraying with diluted isopropyl rubbing alcohol. First remove your succulent from direct sun and do not spray too close (recommend 6" away), saturate the base of the leaves and stem and leave in good air circulation to allow alcohol to evaporate. Retreat 24 hours later.
Air circulation and adequate light are important for your succulents to thrive.
As soon as you receive your package, please take the plants out of the box give it some water if the soil is dry. It's normal for plants to look limp and dry as they are stressed during the transit. Plants don't normally travel on cars or airplanes and they are deprived of light and water while they are in transit. It may take one to two weeks for the plants to acclimate to your environment. I always carefully package your plants in order for them to arrive safely. If for some reason there is an issue with your order, please send me a message and I am happy to try and solve it for you."
We only ship out beautiful, healthy plants. But if somehow you receive your package and are not satisfied, contact us and we will do our best to keep you happy.
* When ordering, be mindful that living succulents can freeze. If you live in an area that is below 40 degrees Fahrenheit, please consider purchasing plant until the weather is more suitable. 72 hours Heat packs are available at my store.
Terms of Service
• We ship USPS for every package. All 4" Pots are shipped first class and 6" are shipped priority. You are responsible to ask and purchase a heat-pack according to weather conditions.
• Any and all claims made through USPS must be made by the buyer, our company will assist you with any claim as much as we are able. The final responsibility relies with the buyer.
• We are not responsible for any error on the carriers fault- crushed package, lost package, delayed package or any other case that might arise. Once the package leaves our facility the liability is on the buyer.
• Any problem you have with the package needs to be reported to me within 8 hours of the delivered time stamp from USPS.
• If we HealthySuccs have made an error we do not offer refunds we will offer replacements or an open credit. Exceptions can be made depending on the circumstances.
• When purchasing from us you are agreeing to these terms and conditions and you understand the inherent risk of having living plants shipped to you in the mail. Leaves do get damaged, some roots will have die off, this is all normal when shipping plants. Our company will be here to assist you in any if you need help acclimating your new plant.
• Plant might be a little smaller/bigger, more or less full, longer or shorter but we do our best to make it similar to the listing photos.
These terms are final as soon as the package has been shipped through USPS and the tracking # has been created and scanned into the system.
You are agreeing to these terms if you make a purchase through our shop.
WE SHIP ON MONDAYS, TUESDAYS, & SATURDAYS ONLY. So expect more or less delays depending on your purchase date.